Involve :In Partnership with Travellers recognises the equality of the Traveller Community by providing programmes, initiatives and services that promote the participation and inclusion of the Traveller Community in Irish Society.
Involve (Originally N.A.T.C) is the main provider of Youthwork Services for young Travellers throughout the country. Involve delivers support, training and strategy to enhance the development of the youth projects linked to the Association. Each project has its own unique programme of activities and in total the projects engage with approximately 4,000 youths every year.
Involve also collates, edits, publishes and distributes the Voice of the Traveller magazine. This magazine is dedicated to profile all aspects of the Traveller community, both national and international. Its targeted readership is both Travellers and the wider community, its aim, to inform the general public on Traveller life and the role Travellers play in society. Established in 1992 the publication has grown to become a valid and respected source of information for this community and for those who work within it. The magazine is based in the head offices of Involve (In Partnership with Travellers).
Involve (originally N.A.T.C ) was founded in 1972. Its original function was to act as a representative body for Senior Traveller Training Centres with Government Departments and other Statutory and Voluntary organisations. The centres will be phased out by June 2012. Involve, In Partnership with Travellers will continue to work with the IVEA, the Further Education Section and other key stakeholders to influence the targeting and prioritizing of members of the Travelling community in adult education services.
Involve is represented on a range of national committees and bodies to support and energise work for and on behalf of Travellers.
The core values of Involve :In Partnership with Travellers, that underpin the work of the organisation are:
- To promote equality, diversity, openness and inclusiveness at all levels and in all areas of the work of the organization.
- To promote, encourage and support the voluntary nature of our work.
- To work collaboratively with existing service providers to enhance services for Travellers.
- To ensure transparency, consistency and accountability in all aspects of its work.
- To build, expand and enhance infrastructures for the development, support and co-ordination of projects at national, regional and local level.
- To support the personal, social and professional development of people within the organisation.
- To respond efficiently and effectively to social and cultural changes in society.